Services for our patients
The Retina Institute provides a wide range of retina care services in one convenient, comfortable place.
Pre-Operation and Post-Operation
Education about your disease condition, treatment options including surgery,
as well as what you will need to recover from surgery
- Reminder for pre-surgery tests
- Patient pre-admission registration and financial counseling for surgical procedures
- Assistance with transportation to surgery
- Information for hotel/motel accommodations
- Vendor/rental information for Durable Medical Equipment for retina recoveries
3D modeling program
At the Retina Institute we offer our patients an innovative hands-on 3D program that walks you through the surgery process and gives you a realistic view of eye conditions and the steps involved in treatment. The interactive animated program, called Eyemaginations, provides a virtual tour for patient-specific diagnosis and outcome. This narrative program is available in English and Spanish.
Other educational materials
- Resources for audio books online
- Answers to pre-surgery preparation, day of surgery and
other commonly asked questions
- Retina-specific patient education materials
- Resources for community support for low vision
We offer patient pre-admission assistance and process patient registration during your visit. Patients may watch a DVD presentation that explains their surgical procedure in the comfort of our lobby.
The Retina Institute is also committed to community outreach and education beyond its walls. Institute staff conduct community eye screenings that target people who are at higher risk for developing retina diseases, such as individuals aged 55 or older and diabetics.
For information about our eye screenings, please call The Retina Institute at (916) 736-8070.