Occupational Rehabilitation for Injured Workers
The primary goal of Mercy's Occupational Health Services Department is to assist you, the employer, in maintaining a productive and healthy workforce at the lowest possible cost. Our Rehabilitation Services programs are specifically developed and delivered in a manner that will help you manage and control workers' compensation costs, in addition to helping you maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Mercy General's professional team of Physical and Occupational Therapists provide comprehensive treatment for work-related injuries, with the ultimate goal of returning each patient to work as soon as possible with the knowledge and skills they need to prevent re-injury.
Our outpatient therapy staff averages more than 15 years of experience and a successful track record in treating injured workers. They understand the importance of treating the specific physical requirements of the job and provide focused care that supports a successful and timely return to work.
Available Occupational Rehabilitation services include:
- Pre-employment physical ability testing
- Physical and occupational therapy evaluation and treatment
- Work conditioning
- Back training groups
- Hand therapy specialists
- Splint fabrication
- Treatment of repetitive strain injuries, traumatic injuries and post-op conditions
- Ergonomic workstation evaluation
- Job analysis
- On-site therapy services
- Injury prevention education
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Speech pathology evaluation and treatment
* Not all services are offered at every location.